Membership Information and Fees
Membership in the YBBA
Our motto sums up our emphasis – we’re “a welcoming place for business.” As a member, you join other individuals and businesses who share your enthusiasm and commitment to our Yonge Bloor Bay community. We provide our members with lots of opportunities to meet and talk about business and community issues. We also go to work to solve problems, to speak on your behalf and to find solutions to the issues that affect all of us.
Let's look at our recent Successes
Our members met informally with other business people at our receptions.
- During the year, we went to Sorrell, Dimmi’s, the Duke of York and the Windsor Arms.
- Our Annual Meeting in the Spring was held at Caren’s Wine Bar.
- In June, we held All Jazzed Up with Jim Heineman’s Trio at the Park Hyatt Roof Lounge.
- In September, our 2013 golf tournament was a big success at Wooden Sticks.
Police and Security
A highlight of the Fall season was a walk through Yorkville with Chief Bill Blair. Our working committee has two co-chairs (a business person and a resident). The group maintains a liaison with three police divisions and advises members on new security issues.
Working with City Hall
Street repairs, development proposals, heritage issues and traffic have dominated the agenda in our Government Affairs committee. We attended consultations about the four-way pedestrian lights at Bloor and Bay and about the designs for the Bay Street streetscape upgrades.
We hold small breakfast meetings to discuss issues that concern our members.
- Municipal taxes and levies with David Soknacki, the former budget chief at City Council.
- During the federal by-election we invited three candidates to breakfast to hear their ideas and introduce ourselves to each of them.
Our membership application and our fee schedules are listed below.
You can use our Paypal system for secure online transactions.
Or contact us at (416) 922-4211 to use your credit card – we accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Please do not email your credit card information.
Membership – Yonge Bay Bloor Association
89 Scollard Street
Toronto ON M5R 1G4
Corporate (21 or more employees): $550 plus $71.50 (HST) – Total: $621.50
Small business (20 or fewer employees): $225 plus 29.25 (HST) – Total: $254.25
Resident: $75 plus $9.75 (HST). Total: $84.75